Our social impact strategy focuses on positively impacting our employees, customers,
neighbourhoods, communities, and our environment for the long term.
We offer education and discounts on our platform to help support and empower nonprofits in their pursuit of positive social change.
Volunteering & Giving
We give back to the communities where we live and work through volunteering and a mix of corporate donations and employee matching initiatives.
We support a variety of causes and issues important to Hootsuite, our people and our communities, including equality and anti-racism, community and environmental well being, and disaster response.
Our Impact in 2022
From geopolitical instability to an ongoing pandemic and a looming recession, it’s been… a year. In the face of these challenges, we’re prouder than ever to have continued making real progress across a range of our environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives at Hootsuite.
Partnerships & Collaborations
Social media has the power to connect people and bring us together. We are proud to work with partners and nonprofits to help them leverage the power of social media for good. Some of our efforts include:
We use Benevity, the leading provider of corporate purpose software, to power our social impact programs with a focus on employee engagement through volunteerism and employee giving and matching.
ACCELERATING GENDER EQUALITY
In 2020, we partnered with World Woman Foundation to launch the Digital Gender Diversity
Impact Report and World Woman Hour, a socially powered global movement that aims
to mentor one million women by 2030.
- 1.1M+live views of World Woman Hour
- 47.9M+impressions generated by the campaign across social channels
ADVANCING CORPORATE SUSTAINABILITY
We work with leading organizations to help us
achieve our goals in creating a sustainable company.
In 2020 and 2021, devastating bushfires and wildfires swept through three of the regions where Hootsuite has offices: Australia, Mexico, and British Columbia, Canada.
British Columbia also faced devastating floods in 2021 and a coalition of 40 Vancouver companies and individuals led by Hootsuite came together to collectively donate to the Canadian Red Cross in support of the British Columbia Floods and Extreme Weather Appeal.
trees planted across Australia, Mexico, and British Columbia in 2021 through One Tree Planted
raised through a coalition to benefit victims of flooding in British Columbia
With the help of Green Standards, we found a sustainable solution to reducing corporate waste, like furniture and equipment, as we shifted away from our offices due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 100%of equipment recycled or donated
- $23,031of in-kind charitable donations
- 19.4 tonnesof materials diverted from landfills
- 73 tonnesof CO2 emissions reduced
CREATING SUSTAINABLE EMPLOYMENT
Since 2019, StepUp.One has been using the Hootsuite platform as part of their program to reskill refugees in mature UNHCR camps, teach them social media marketing, and connect them with opportunities that pay.
SUPPORTING OUR LOCAL COMMUNITIES
We love where we live. So it only made sense to rally behind our communities through initiatives that helped bolster those who were hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 180small businesses supported by Hootsuite’s gift card matching program for employees following restrictions brought on by COVID-19
- 2300+small businesses and nonprofits signed up for 3 free months of Hootsuite Professional to connect with their audiences online
The Goodies Buzz Award 2022
We received this Benevity Corporate Goodness Award for catalyzing purpose through rich communications and storytelling.
Tech Cares Award 2020
We received an award from TrustRadius for helping small businesses and nonprofits use social media to stay connected with their customers and communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our efforts included providing:
Free online workshops for health care customers about engaging patients on social media during times of crisis
Online workshops for customers managing complex communications via their social channels
3-month free access to Hootsuite Professional via our ‘Stay Connected’ Campaign for those who needed to pivot online
News and updates
- The Hidden Environmental Costs of Downsizing an Office: What We Learned Remote work is better for the planet... right? Whether you're downsizing or ditching the office entirely, it can be a boon for the environment—if you do it right.
The Hidden Environmental Costs of Downsizing an Office: What We LearnedRemote work is better for the planet... right? Whether you're downsizing or ditching the office entirely, it can be a boon for the environment—if you do it right.Read more
- You Only Need One Hero to Change the World — But What If You Had 60? The #ShesMyHero campaign from the World Woman Foundation might be exactly what we all need right now.
You Only Need One Hero to Change the World — But What If You Had 60?The #ShesMyHero campaign from the World Woman Foundation might be exactly what we all need right now.Read more
- Hootsuite Chooses Benevity to Scale New Social Impact Initiatives Globally Hootsuite leverages Benevity's employee engagement solution to fuel 'Beyond the Nest', where employees are encouraged to volunteer in the communities in which they live and work.
Hootsuite Chooses Benevity to Scale New Social Impact Initiatives GloballyHootsuite leverages Benevity's employee engagement solution to fuel 'Beyond the Nest', where employees are encouraged to volunteer in the communities in which they live and work.Read more
- Hootsuite and Witness Change Share a Powerful Refugee Perspective Through 1000 Dreams Campaign 1000 Dreams campaign humanizes European refugee communities through powerful photo-storytelling on social media.
Hootsuite and Witness Change Share a Powerful Refugee Perspective Through 1000 Dreams Campaign1000 Dreams campaign humanizes European refugee communities through powerful photo-storytelling on social media.Read more
Our efforts within Hootsuite
Learn more about Hootsuite’s initiatives to provide the best employee
experience in SaaS by creating a culture built on inclusion.