Hootsuite Announces Acquisition of Brightkit, Continues Explosive Growth
Telekom Malaysia, Singapore Press Holdings and one of the top three North American insurance companies join Hootsuite’s roster of 1600+ Enterprise customers
VANCOUVER, BC – September 4, 2014 - Hootsuite, the world’s most widely used social relationship platform, continues its explosive growth by acquiring Brightkit, surpassing 10 million users and adding new global Enterprise customers and executive hires.
Hootsuite has acquired Brightkit, a solution for creating customized social marketing campaigns with high-impact results. Today, the company also announced Hootsuite Campaigns based on the Brightkit solution. Brightkit has worked with 100+ customers including Kentucky Derby, Dwell, Cassidy Turley and American Media.
Hootsuite continues to see dramatic growth through global expansion and product innovation:
- Surpassed 10 million users in 175+ countries
- New Enterprise customers span a broad rangeof industries and include Telekom Malaysia, Singapore Press Holdings, Brooklyn Public Library, Cambridge University Press, Red Carnation Hotelsand Hyland Software Inc.
- Landed one of the top three companies in the Insurance vertical and is rolling out to 19,000 users across North America, making it one of Hootsuite’s largest customers to date
- Over 600 employees globally
- Recent executive hires include:
- Joseph Smith, general manager, EMEA
- Roger Orde, vice president, customer success
- Rob Begg, vice president, enterprise social strategy
- Kirsty Trail, vice president, customer support
- Irwan Tjan, vice president, security
- Announced ‘uberVU via Hootsuite’ application addition to the App Directory one month after acquiring uberVU, as well as ‘Hootlet’ and ‘Suggested Content’ publishing features
- Added 20 new employees to its office in Singapore, which serves as a regional hub for its growing Asia-Pacific customer-base
- Now offers 24/7 support in five languages
“We’re seeing explosive growth across all regions,” says Ryan Holmes, CEO of Hootsuite. “Our teams are focused on rolling out a number of new product offerings, have plans to open operations in Latin-America and will hire an additional 100+ roles by the end of 2014.”
- Blog Post: http://blog.hootsuite.com/hootsuite-acquisition-growth
- Hootsuite Enterprise: http://enterprise.hootsuite.com
- Hootsuite Careers: http://www.hootsuite.com/careers